Location: US or Europe (flexible)
What they do
- At Smartcat, they’re building a single-loop translation delivery system that is already changing the way the language industry works. It allows all players of the industry to create multilingual content, non-stop.
- Smartcat uses a disruptive business model to enable Connected Translation, bringing the $45b translation industry together in a market network where all buyers and suppliers can interact, collaborate, and grow.
- Their team is truly global, with 100+ enthusiastic professionals from all over the world working to bring customers the best experience in the industry. They learn fast and bring value to their customers from all over the world, as well as across the entire translation industry.
Coursera | Weebly | Hotel Tonight | 1-StopAsia | Onehour Translation
About the role
Your specific outcomes are:
- Create a global strategy for the finance organisation, working closely with the CEO and Executive Team members in the first 3 months.
- Provide monthly/quarterly, and ad hoc analysis and reporting to the CEO and BOD, ensuring a high degree of quality, timeliness, accuracy, and business insight.
- Monitor overall financial health of the company and assess financial risks. Maintain integrity of all revenue flows, ensuring company’s policies and procedures, as well as laws and regulations, are followed.
- Develop and transform the financial team and its structure timely, to guarantee effective operations and having the right people and processes in place to achieve the company’s objectives.
- At least 10 years in finance, including tax compliance, reporting and accounting
- At least 3 years of finance management experience in a high-growth global tech business and scaling the financial operations of a startup company
- Experience with fundraising and capital markets
- Strong understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles, budgeting, financial modelling, and financial reporting
- Superior attention to detail while demonstrating ability to see the “big picture.”
- Experience working in a highly dynamic startup environment, where you can make big things happen by turning thoughts into action
- Strong communication skills – enjoys working cross-functionally and representing the interests of the finance team with other departments
- Experience working with remote teams
- Integrity and full commitment
- Growth mindset
- Openness to constructive feedback and the opinions and ideas of others