Location: Seattle, WA
What they do
- Shorthand is a digital storytelling platform for teams in marketing, communications, and media. Build stunning, interactive stories for the web without relying on a team of developers.
- Shorthand is the platform that brands, publishers, non-profits, universities and others use to create the world’s most engaging stories, annual reports, case studies and other content.
- Trusted by everyone from the BBC to Business Insider, Manchester City to Honda, Amnesty International to the Red Cross, and Cambridge to Harvard, Shorthand elevates your stories and communications from the everyday to the exceptional.
- Shorthand believe a world informed by powerful stories and linked by compelling everyday communications is a smarter, more progressive, more resilient world.
- Its mission is to connect the world’s iconic brands to their audiences, their people and each other.
- Shorthand will achieve this mission by undertaking extreme web innovation to create the leading platform for epic storytelling and collaboration for digital publishing teams.
About the role
- Become an expert in using Shorthand.
- Meet or exceed your monthly quota
- Managing the sales lifecycle of your leads and opportunities: engage with new leads, understand their needs, provide software demonstrations online or in person, prepare proposals, follow ups, and negotiate contracts for sale.
- Your leads will be split 80/20 between inbound and self-generated leads through effective outbound strategies.
- Managing complex sales-cycles with the ability to speak with C-level executives, Finance, Procurement and IT teams.
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement in CRM, and maintain accurate data around opportunities and communications
- Nurture highly positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Be part of and contribute to a high performance sales team and culture.
- Promote, plan, schedule and coordinate open training events, webinars and workshops organized by us, our partners, our clients or other training providers.
- Identify, participate in and attend industry-relevant virtual communities, online forums and conferences to promote Shorthand.
- Participate in discussions with the product team around feature ideas and product improvements, reporting customer feedback and suggestions.
- Report bugs in the product.
- Has 3+ years experience as a quota-carrying sales professional and/or sales prospecting experience, ideally in SaaS based companies.
- Experience managing and forecasting using a CRM (Salesforce, Pipedrive Hubspot etc.)
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Preferably has experience collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
- BSc or BA in business administration, sales or marketing desired but not essential.
- Is whip smart, as demonstrated by career achievements and/or school/university results.
- Loves storytelling, especially visual storytelling.
- Has outstanding written and face-to-face communication skills.
- You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- You are collaborative.
- You find fulfillment in the job itself, and happiness in a job well done.
- Can ruthlessly prioritize competing demands, and stay calm under pressure.
- Has an extremely high bar for quality.
- Is thorough and detail-oriented.
- Strives to continuously improve their sales process and demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices.
- Gains deep satisfaction from helping others achieve their goals.