Comp: Up to $180k salary
What they do
- Quietly transforming the hospitality landscape by setting a new standard in travel payment from any direct touchpoint.
- Selfbook is setting a new standard for hotels to simplify, verify, and unify the direct booking experience, we are the world’s fastest booking experience for hotels and the only platform allowing them to accept ApplePay and modern digital wallets.
- Amid this global transformation that has crippled the travel industry, Selfbook will propel the industry forward and empower hotels with better ways to recover and reconnect.
- By improving their direct booking conversion, hotels can increase revenue and save up to 25% on commissions and fees while elevating the customer booking experience.
- Backed by world class VCs such as TenOneTen, Better Tomorrow Ventures, Abstract Ventures and others.
- Team has grown from 3 to 50 since launching last year
- 16x increase in valuation since seed funding round in Q2 last year
About the role
- Onboard/train new engineers
- Drives execution by organizing teamwork, setting goals, and holding the team accountable
- Gauge progress of various projects, and create update reports
- Oversees project troubleshooting, logistics, and resource allocation
- Upholds a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs
- Coordinating work with other managers
- Create and document processes
- Collaborates with stakeholders including customers, product managers, and others in the development and execution of the team’s roadmap
- Communicates strategy, rationale, and progress within the team and to external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer on a professional engineering team
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager, including hiring, mentoring, and professional development
- Incredible problem-solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team of engineers
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Experience in Agile/Scrum (Jira a plus)