Comp: Up to $180k salary
What they do
- Quietly transforming the hospitality landscape by setting a new standard in travel payment from any direct touchpoint.
- Selfbook is setting a new standard for hotels to simplify, verify, and unify the direct booking experience, we are the world’s fastest booking experience for hotels and the only platform allowing them to accept ApplePay and modern digital wallets.
- Amid this global transformation that has crippled the travel industry, Selfbook will propel the industry forward and empower hotels with better ways to recover and reconnect.
- By improving their direct booking conversion, hotels can increase revenue and save up to 25% on commissions and fees while elevating the customer booking experience.
- Backed by world class VCs such as TenOneTen, Better Tomorrow Ventures, Abstract Ventures and others.
- Team has grown from 3 to 50 since launching last year
- 16x increase in valuation since seed funding round in Q2 last year
About the role
- Build and maintain a fast, secure, and highly resilient payment platform written in Ruby.
- Integrate our platform with partners to expand capabilities
- Evaluate, identify, and define improvements to the existing infrastructure
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- You’re a problem solver and are able to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with our senior stakeholders
- You have experience with Agile development methodologies
- Professional Ruby development experience
- Experience with payment systems
- Experience building high performance platforms and APIs
- Project management skills