Location: East Coast (remote)
What they do
- Quietly transforming the hospitality landscape by setting a new standard in travel payment from any direct touchpoint.
- Selfbook is setting a new standard for hotels to simplify, verify, and unify the direct booking experience, we are the world’s fastest booking experience for hotels and the only platform allowing them to accept ApplePay and modern digital wallets.
- Amid this global transformation that has crippled the travel industry, Selfbook will propel the industry forward and empower hotels with better ways to recover and reconnect.
- By improving their direct booking conversion, hotels can increase revenue and save up to 25% on commissions and fees while elevating the customer booking experience.
- Backed by world class VCs such as TenOneTen, Better Tomorrow Ventures, Abstract Ventures and others.
About the role
- An Implementation Manager with expertise in leading a development pod and a passion for building a next-generation hotel booking platform.
- By joining their team, you will have the opportunity to grow the family of world-class hotels using Selfbook to simplify their payment and booking systems.
- Your job will be to lead a team of engineers while collaborating closely with our Customer Success Managers.
- Selfbook are looking for someone who is a strategic problem-solver, with excellent communication skills, and has a solid foundation in software engineering with an excellent ability to translate business logic into engineering requirements.
- Their tech stack is built on Ruby/Rails, AWS, Digital Ocean, MongoDB, and more.
- The ideal candidate is sharp, enthusiastic, and believes in their mission to fundamentally disrupt the status quo in the hospitality industry.
- If you are passionate about tech, travel, and teamwork, this role is for you!
- Lead their technical implementation team to ensure successful onboarding of new clients
- Hire, onboard, and train new team members
- Be responsible for technical project management across all clients in onboarding to ensure deadlines are met
- Drive execution by organizing teamwork, setting goals, and holding the team accountable
- Gauge progress of various projects, and create update reports
- Oversees project troubleshooting, logistics, and resource allocation
- Upholds a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs
- Review and facilitate feature / design requests from clients
- Create and Document processes
- Collaborates with stakeholders including customers, customer success managers, QA, product, and others to ensure successful onboarding
- Communicates strategy, rationale, and progress within the team and to external stakeholders
- Take lead on technical escalation conversations with clients to identify and strategize on solutions
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer on a professional engineering team
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager, including hiring, mentoring, and professional development
- 2+ years of experience leading a technical implementation team
- Incredible problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team of engineers
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Experience in Agile/Scrum (Jira a plus)
- Experience working remote