Location: US Wide
What they do
- Financial infrastructure for the creator economy.
- Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses.
- That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking.
- Karat is building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
- They’re building a new category, which requires them to evangelize broadly and laser-focus on high-performance acquisition channels. That’s where you come in.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don’t be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
About the role
- Develop and execute outbound sales strategies that drive top of funnel growth – this includes owning daily tactical activities that lead to deal creation
- Own in building the sales pipeline, owning all sales processes for major prospects from initial meetings to close
- Consistently meet and exceed quarterly sales goals
- Set and track goals, as well as report data and metrics to help in forecasting future sales and improving approach
- Create, educate, and refine team practices, sales playbooks and KPIs
- Prioritize user feedback and excitement – work with Product to share insights and new feature/product requests
- Focus daily on coaching best practices to enable internal career mobility where necessary, and possible
- 5+ years of experience
- Skills in experimentation, iterating, and scaling outbound sales processes
- Passion for, and nuanced view of, the creator market
- Ruthless prioritization and urgency to hit aggressive targets
- A desire to be in a fast and ambiguous environment
- The same moxie as creators: inventiveness, hustle, and a smile
- Most likely to live in LA or NY. We’re a remote team, but creators concentrate on the coasts.