Location: US Wide
What they do
- Financial infrastructure for the creator economy.
- Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses.
- That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking.
- Karat is building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
- They’re building a new category, which requires them to evangelize broadly and laser-focus on high-performance acquisition channels. That’s where you come in.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don’t be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
About the role
- Develop the lifecycle strategy and playbook for engagement, loyalty and winback programs from the ground up
- Establish a measurement & experimentation framework, relentlessly testing new ideas and digging deep creatively
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to prioritize efforts; collaborate cross-functionally (sales, data, product, and customer success, etc.) to run iterative tests throughout the funnel, using the results to drive KPI’s
- Own data measurement and reporting, and regularly communicate to internal stakeholders and help in forecasting future growth
- 5+ years of experience
- Skills in experimentation, iterating, and scaling growth processes
- A desire to be in a fast and ambiguous environment, entrepreneurial and results-oriented
- Experience working in an early-stage startup environment, leading marketing / lifecycle growth
- Highly analytical with a desire to be creative and craft compelling copy
- Passion for, and nuanced view of, the creator market
- Ruthless prioritization and urgency for aggressive targets
- The same moxie as creators: inventiveness, hustle, and a smile
- Most likely to live in LA or NY. We’re a remote team, but creators concentrate on the coasts.