Location: US Wide
What they do
- Financial infrastructure for the creator economy.
- Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses.
- That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking.
- Karat is building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
- They’re building a new category, which requires them to evangelize broadly and laser-focus on high-performance acquisition channels. That’s where you come in.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don’t be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
About the role
- Develop compelling content and take ideas from 0 to 1 (ie. launch our podcast/newsletter, etc.)
- Plan and organize monthly events for the creator community (in-person and digital)
- Discover, curate, and share compelling stories about our brand and communities
- Publish content on platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Discord and TikTok
- Identify opportunities to amplify content across various marketing channels and media outlets
- Manage the execution, measurement, and optimization of content programs
- Work alongside sales, data, and product to shape a cohesive story
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with the following: organizing events, producing content (ie. podcast, Twitter/IG posts) and/or growing an online community
- Passion for, and nuanced view of, the creator market
- Skills in experimentation, iterating, and scaling growth processes
- A desire to be in a fast and ambiguous environment
- Ruthless prioritization and aggressive targets
- The same moxie as creators: inventiveness, hustle, and a smile
- Most likely to live in LA or NY. We’re a remote team, but creators concentrate on the coasts.