Location: Hybrid, offices in the Bay Area. 2 days per week in office
Comp: $195K – $245K fixed
What they do
- We’re a content creation platform that helps you create your story
- Kapwing’s mission is to enable digital storytelling. We believe that we can empower everyone to create, edit, and share video, and we’re working towards this goal by building a collaborative, online tool for editing video and creating content.
- If someone wanted to start a YouTube channel today, there’s a lot that goes into making the first video. Planning out a story, filming clips, and collaborating with other creators is hard enough – not to mention the many years it can take to learn a traditional video editing software.
- What if there was a web-based tool that solved these problems? Creators could upload and edit their footage all in one place, and in real time, collaborate with their peers. Exports could happen instantly and all in the cloud, and sharing would just be a matter of copying a single link.
- Kapwing exists to make this storytelling workflow easier for the next generation of creators. Creating video should be intuitive and accessible, and our tool exists to help bring your ideas to life instead of getting in the way.
About the role
- Making video editing as easy as opening a browser.
- This Series A funded start-up is changing the game in Video Editing.
- Everyone is a creator, expressing your creativity through video is now an everyday go-to for creators BUT the tools to do this need to be brought into 2022.
- Leading our Teams Expansion Effort you’d provide technical leadership to major projects, and also manage a team of engineers (currently 15, but growing).
- You’d manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team, meeting regularly with the engineers on your team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- You will actively contribute to technical projects as well. Tech Stack = MERN/Python
- Proven leadership skills. Your management skills and technical depth allows you to develop and mentor others as well as build credibility with your team while executing broader engineering strategies.
- A strong technical foundation. You feel comfortable diving into the code and interacting with developers at all levels of seniority.
- You are comfortable working with senior stakeholders (Director level and up), both technical and non technical.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- Domain experience in video processing is ideal but not necessary for versatile engineering leaders who are strong in their craft.