Location: UK, Benelux or DACH
What they do
- Coro has revolutionized the cyber security world for the medium-size businesses that cannot afford to purchase and operate enterprise-grade security.
- While the cyber security industry was built to serve the needs of large enterprises, the entire backbone of the economy, the mid-size businesses are highly underserved and have poor security.
- Coro’s mission is to protect the unprotected. They built the first all-in-one security platform based on AI in the cloud, designed from the ground up for mid-market companies.
- It requires no installation, no operation, and no integration, does not require a dedicated security team and covers everything: from endpoint to network security, from cloud protection to email phishing, ransomware and data leakage prevention.
- Coro has been awarded multiple awards for technology and innovation.
- 2020 was a breakthrough year for Coronet. They did 4X their ARR, improved by 50% the efficiency of their sales machine, and they have 96%(!) renewals.
- Led by experienced entrepreneurs, strong and committed management and backed by the leading VCs in the cyber domain they are looking to accelerate their growth and within the next 3 years to build a $100M ARR company that will dominate the cyber security for mid-size businesses.
- Coro’s sales model is based on a freemium/premium sales model with a twist: they offer their customers free detection, while for mitigation they are required to pay.
- As a result, Coro has 30% conversion from MQL to freemium customers. At that time their proprietary AI machine, which is tailored to automatically identify a cluster of security events that will result in a successful conversion kicks in and enable them to convert in 23%(!).
- The sales machine is built on three strong pillars: outbound SDR team, their proprietary AI engine and extremely effective AEs.
- Coro are looking to grow the operation and double their teams in 2022, on top of adding multiple sources of leads: online demand-gen, partners and MSPs.
Cisco | Frost & Sullivan | CRN | T-Systems | Asgent
About the role
- Build and execute our strategy to accelerate Coro’s go-to-market plans in multiple sectors and channels across the UK and Northern Europe
- Build and cultivate relationships that involve broad, strategic go-to-market: integration, co-selling, and marketing, executive-level, as well as field-level collaboration
- Build and nurture senior executive relationships with the key partners and alliances globally and winning new partner contracts in the Carrier, Distribution, MSSP, ISV and potentially smaller integrator space
- Work to form relationships specifically in the mid-market space (up to 5000 seats) – the role is solely focusing on developing this market!
- Translate plans into action, track and follow up on new products and new integrations working in SaaS/subscription-based model environment
- Work independently and closely with the CEO and the Co-founder and EVP of Business Development.
- Champion collaboration with Enterprise Sales teams.
- Be the first to build these new and recurring relationships and eventually hire and train a team of strategic relationship-builders for these partners
- 10+ years experience in a senior business development role, in comparable industries, with ideally 5+ years in a senior VP leadership position.
- MUST have experience in the mid-market (small to medium enterprise space of between 100 and 5000 seats)
- MUST understand how a recurring, SaaS, subscription-based model works
- Experience and a network of contacts within a model of distributor partners for example: carriers, telco’s, MSSPs, ISPs and potentially even integrators although MUST be mid-market focused.
- Proven track record of significant growth achievement ideally in the security or adjacent markets, must have experience in a SaaS – subscription-based model.
- Experience creating new high-level strategic partnerships, alliances, and OEMs.
- Knowledge and expertise in our domain: cybersecurity.
- Strong negotiation experience to close contracts as well as the ability to open doors.
- Thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that values integrity and teamwork.
- Ability to hit the ground running and work fairly independently as the first major hire of the region – self-sufficiency, rolled up sleeves, blank canvass are not words that scare you!
- Strong motivational, innovation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Proven past vast growth achievements.
- Hunter, challenger, and overachiever at heart with strong customer understanding.