Location: Detroit ideally (remote in the US considered)
What they do
- Benzinga is a premier financial media outlet, helping millions of people improve their trading and investing each month. By providing superior information, data, and tools, Benzinga gives traders and investors the edge needed to profit in the markets. Our team is devoted to the ambitious mission of transforming the financial industry and empowering individual investor.
- They are transforming FinTech and could even be described as the next Bloomberg but for Crypto Currency!
- Now valued at $300 Million after being partnering with a private equity firm.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Amazing company benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision insurance.
- Don’t just be a cog in the machine. Your work affects the whole company and reaches millions of users.
- Feel the creative juices flow as you work alongside everyone from executives to interns. If you have an idea, pursue it!
- They love to add fun to the workday – great culture.
- Based in Detroit but can also be remote.
About the role
- Support both the content strategy of Benzinga News
- Perform keyword research to identify new content opportunities.
- Identify existing content for updates to grow organic audience.
- Monitor, identify, and communicate technical optimization opportunities, including but not limited to redirects, canonical tags, metadata, page speed, core web vitals, schema, and more.
- Write SEO requirements, QA and review all aspects of site code releases to ensure there are no negative SEO implications or impacts.
- Lead comprehensive SEO site/CRO audits that address UX, navigation, optimizations, mobile functionality that drive business metrics in a meaningful way to impact conversion and revenue.
- Track organic performance using various tools, including Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Moz, and more.
- Lead internal training of search optimization best practices to increase overall search knowledge across the organization.
- Monitor competitive performance for opportunities, and potential threats.
- Work cross-functionally to support Editorial, Marketing, Business Intelligence, and Audience Analytics as needed.
- Keep abreast of SEO trends, best practices and search news, particularly regarding algorithm changes that impact organic search results.
- Someone with 5-10 years SEO experience, in a similar role.
- Experience with personal finance and affiliate marketing.
- Knowledge of the newest Google updates.
- Familiarity with tools such as Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of website architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills